Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Final bits of Packing


It seems weird to me how little I'm actually taking with me but I'm sure it will seem like a lot when I put it all together for my practice walk tomorrow.
Most important is the backpack. It's a hand-me-down kelty. I'm not sure the volume but it has a lot of pockets and a good internal weight distribution system.
Next is my tent. It's a lynx1 I got from alps. It weighs in at a hefty 3.2 pounds but that's the trade-off for its price tag
I'm still searching for a good sleeping bag but I'll come back and edit later when I get one
Next I've got a 3 L camelback from platypus along with a couple of collapsible water bottles.
My main food source is going to be Soylent. This stuff weighs about a pound for 2000 calories of food. 1 pouch is a (regular)days worth and cost about 7 dollars which is quite nice. Just add water.
To supplement that food source, I've got a small folding camp stove that can use solid fuel cubes or wood and a little pot to cook oatmeal in. Lightweight, high calorie food is a necessity
Lastly I've got some luxury items. External battery packs and a solar powered charger, an ultralite fast drying towel, some dry shampoo and a tinder maker.
Now I'm not done packing in any stretch but at least I've got most of the essentials out of the way.
Thanks for reading! Tomorrow I venture out to try a 10 mile walk with my pack to get myself acclimated.

No comments:

Post a Comment